A week or two ago I wrote a post that discussed whether or not I would actually manage to read 100 books this year. I laid down several statistics, a few arguments for and against my accomplishing the goal, and provided a list of the 28 books I had “planned” to read and get me to the finish line. I also mentioned that October was basically going to be the “make or break” month regarding my progress. I need to reach about 85 or 86 books read by the time November 1st rolls around because I have a full November and I promise I won’t have time to play catch up in December.
So, here is that list of 28 books I planned to read with the ones I’ve read so far crossed out as a way to show my progress:
Shadow Ops: Breach Zone by Myke Cole The Dresden Files: Grave Peril by Jim Butcher The Dresden Files: Summer Knight by Jim Butcher The Dresden Files: Death Masks by Jim Butcher The Dresden Files: Blood Rites by Jim Butcher The Dresden Files: Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
- Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie
The Trilisk Hunt by Michael McCloskey The Trilisk Revolution by Michael McCloskey
- Insidious by Michael McCloskey
- Industrious by Michael McCloskey
- Ingenious by Michael McCloskey
Terms of Enlistment by Marko Kloos Lines of Departure by Marko Kloos
- His Fair Assassin: Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
- Star Wars: Tarkin by James Luceno
- iD by Madeline Ashby
- vN by Madeline Ashby
- Dragon Wing: The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- Elven Star: The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- Fire Sea: The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- Romulus Buckle & the City of the Founders by Richard Ellis Preston, Jr.
- Romulus Buckle & the Engines of War by Richard Ellis Preston, Jr.
- The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin
- Dragons of Winter Night by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- Dragons of Spring Dawning by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- The End is Nigh (Anthology) edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey
- Autocorrect Stays by Holly Flanagan
As you can see, I’ve managed to cross 10 books off the list, leaving me with 18 remaining. I stand at 82 books completed as I write this post and hope to have at least 85 complete in the next nine days. I’ll be tackling the two Romulus Buckle books and then hope to have enough time left in the month to enjoy Ancillary Sword without having to rush.
It’s been a long month of reading for me in October, completing one book every 36 hours on average for the most part. That’s a very strange zone to be in I’ve discovered. However, if I get to that magic number of 85 books finished I’ll upgrade myself to an 80% chance of reaching my goal as planned.